DRAFT PROGRAMME (as of 15 June)
Thursday, August 30 2018
14:00 - 14:15 Welcome and introduction. David Manlove (UK)
14:15 - 15:15 Summary of activity on data collection and summarisation of best practices in KEPs
(ENCKEP Working group 1) Peter Biro (HU)
- Summary of Handbook 1: Kidney Exchange Practices in Europe.
- Summary of Handbook 2: Modelling and Optimisation in the European Kidney Exchange Programmes.
15:15- 15:45 Coffee-break
15:45 – 16:45 Round-table: Moderators: Lisa Burnapp (UK), Bernadette Haase (NL)
Consolidating the ENCKEP view on ethical and legal aspects of transnational KEPs
Discussants: Lucrezia Furian (IT), Frank Dor (UK), Franco Citterio (IT)
- inclusion of altruistic donors and managing reciprocity between participating countries
- inclusion of compatible pairs: what criteria should we use?
- deceased donors to initiate ‘chains’: should we and could we?
17:00 - 18:00 Inputs for ENCKEP
- Bridging clinical and OR aspects of KEPs. Paolo Ferrari (CH)
- Alternative approaches for transplant recipients with antibodies- A UK perspective. Nizam Mamode (UK)