DRAFT PROGRAMME (as of 15 June)
Thursday, August 30 2018
14:00 - 14:15 Welcome and introduction. David Manlove (UK)
14:15 - 15:15 Summary of activity on data collection and summarisation of best practices in KEPs
(ENCKEP Working group 1) Peter Biro (HU)
- Summary of Handbook 1: Kidney Exchange Practices in Europe.
- Summary of Handbook 2: Modelling and Optimisation in the European Kidney Exchange Programmes.
15:15- 15:45 Coffee-break
15:45 – 16:45 Round-table: Moderators: Lisa Burnapp (UK), Bernadette Haase (NL)
Consolidating the ENCKEP view on ethical and legal aspects of transnational KEPs
Discussants: Lucrezia Furian (IT), Frank Dor (UK), Franco Citterio (IT)
- inclusion of altruistic donors and managing reciprocity between participating countries
- inclusion of compatible pairs: what criteria should we use?
- deceased donors to initiate ‘chains’: should we and could we?
17:00 - 18:00 Inputs for ENCKEP
- Bridging clinical and OR aspects of KEPs. Paolo Ferrari (CH)
- Alternative approaches for transplant recipients with antibodies- A UK perspective. Nizam Mamode (UK)
Friday, August 31 2018
09:00 – 11:00 Working Group 1: Data collection and summarisation of best practices in KEPs
Moderator: Lisa Burnapp
- Developing an ethical and legal framework for transnational KEPs.
11:00 - 11:30 Coffee break
11:30 - 13:00 Working Group 2: National KEPs: models, optimisation methods and technology
Part 1. Moderator: TBC
- Findings of Handbook 1: proposing a standardised framework for designing KEPs based on identified optimality criteria and data models).
- Kick-off discussion on Handbook 2 (“Standards to describe and assess the structure and efficiency of existing and proposed KEPs”).
- Publications arising from the handbooks
13:00 - 14:00 Lunch
14:00 - 14:30 Working Group 2: National KEPs: models, optimisation methods and technology
Part 2. Moderator: TBC
14:30 - 15:30 Working Group 3: Transnational KEPs and practical collaboration -
Part 1. Moderator: Xenia Klimentova
What can we learn from cadaveric transnational programs?
o Scandiatransplant experience. Tommy Andersson (SE)
o Eurotransplant experience Jacob de Boer (NL)
· Presentations on current pilot programs on transnational KEP
o Scandiatransplant (if started)
o Austria- Czech Republic. Tomas Marada (CZ)
15:30 - 16:00 Coffee break
16:00 - 17:00 Working Group 3: Transnational KEPs and practical collaboration. - Part 2. Moderator: Xenia Klimentova
Spain-Italy-Portugal. Maria Valentin (ES), Paola Di Ciaccio (IT), Catarina Bolotinha/Ana França (PT).
Discussion on further steps and developments.
17:00 - 17:30 Working Group 4: Dissemination of results
Moderator: Christian Jacquelinet
Discuss publication policy of Action deliverables, and dissemination tools such as handbooks, publications, software, conference presentations and via the Action website.
Saturday, September 1 2018
09:00 – 16:30 Training School for clinicians
09:00 - 09:30 Presentation of ENCKEP Action. David Manlove (UK)
09:30 - 11:00
- European KEPs: Theory into Practice (Aline Hemke (NL)/Lisa Burnapp (UK)/Tomas Marada (CZ) /Karine Hadaya (CH)). Focusing on practicalities and logistics
11:00 - 11:30 Coffee break
11:30 - 12:30
- National authorities: experience with using optimisation software. Matthew Robb (UK), Catarina Bolotinha (PT), Maria Valentin (SP)
- Italy, Portugal and Spain: collaboration on KEPs. Maria Valentin (ES), Catarina Bolotinha/Ana França (PT), Paola Di Ciaccio (IT)
12:30 - 14:00 Lunch
14:00 - 15:00 Perspectives from the USA
- UNOS and KEPs in the USA. Ruthanne Leishman.
- Market Failures. Itai Ashlagi.
15:00 - 15:30 Coffee break
15:30 - 16:30 Ethical and legal issues relating to transnational KEPs
Moderators: Lisa Burnapp (UK), Bernadette Haase (NL)
- Introductory talk (title TBC) Martin Buijsen (NL)